Wizkid may be known as one of the biggest African exports on the creative scene but for the singer, one of his main preoccupations is to stay true to the title of his forthcoming album and shed his ego. See what the singer shared in conversation with The Guardian here.
Nigerian megastar and A-list Afrobeats ambassador, Wizkid, had a sitdown with journalist, Yomi Adegoke for The Guardian and spoke on his intended music legacy and current struggles with his ego.
ALSO READ: See Fans' Reaction To Wizkid Postponing ‘More Love, Less Ego' Album Release
The star who'd spoken about his view on different facets of life and his music-making process, had shared that like his forthcoming album, he still struggled with his ego. Wizkid said; “Everyone fights with their ego and that's where I'm at, I'm still trying to shed my ego, like everyone else.”
On music-making, Wizkid shared that he's created countless albums, scrapping them till they felt right, “Make one, scrap it. Make another one, scrap it. Until I find the right one.” It must be an intense exercise. “It is, man. But I have a lot to say.” The singer also earlier professed; “I'm a very spiritual human being,” he says. “I know I make a lot of club records but I feel like a pastor, really.”
Wizkid also made some social commentary on the state of the Nigerian government and the coming elections, saying; “All these old men are going out of power this time. They need to go to an old people's home and chill out.”
According to the story, Wizkid's forthcoming fifth studio album “More Love Less Ego” will be out on the 11th of November and not the 14th as reflected on his Apple Music profile.
Read the full Wizkid story on The Guardian here.
- “Go and collect your money back” – Netizens react as Toke Makinwa shows off her enhanced derriere (video)
- Rapper Cheque blasts organizers of ‘Headies Award Show’ after he didn’t get nominated in any category.
- “I hate him”, “I hate her” Co-parents stir massive reactions online with family photo
- Jealous man allegedly kills his ex-girlfriend for refusing to eject her new lover from her home
- Couple Goals! Actress Mercy Aigbe gives husband, Kazim Adeoti clean haircut (video)
- Davido allows babymama, Sophia Momodu to step out with his Bentley
- Osinachi Nwachukwu: Family Announce Funeral Arrangement, Hints On Returning Her Bride Price
- Portable tenders apology to Headies organizers after being reported to Police over threat to co-nominees (Video)
- Drama as Tonto Dikeh pens open letter to Bobrisky for backing Kemi Olunloyo
- Osas Ighodaro called out for allegedly sleeping with married colleague, Stan Nze
- “Behind every unsuccessful man, there are two women” – Annie Idibia throws jab after unfollowing 2face (Video)
- Kanayo Kanayo Celebrates 60th Birthday With All-White Party [Video]
- “I am one ‘hell’ of a woman”- Annie Idibia shares cryptic post, admits marital troubles with husband, 2face
- “Igbo girls are beautiful”-Fans react to Davido’s babymama, Chioma’s natural look as she hits gym in video
- Actress OnyiAlexx shares CCTV footage showing moment NDLEA officials invaded her house “without warrant” (video)
- “I am praying for you” – Davido reacts as Kizz Daniel shares cryptic post
- “It’s ‘Launch’, princess not ‘Lunch’” – Netizens drag James Brown over spelling error following his book launch
- “These moments before my departure …” – Panic as Monalisa Stephen pens disturbing note
- White Lady Gives Tips On How To Outsmart ‘Yahoo Boys” (Video)
- ‘Betraying Nigeria as a celebrity is highly selfish, cruel’ – Opeyemi Aiyeola joins Regina Chukwu in attacking their ‘greedy colleagues’