Nollywood actress, Opeyemi Aiyeola has tackled her colleagues and other celebrities drumming support for the National leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, ahead of the 2023 election.
This is coming a few days after some of her colleagues, Foluke Daramola, Murphy Afolabi, Woli Arole and others stormed a recent campaign of Tinubu in Ikeja.
In a post shared on her Instagram page, Opeyemi Aiyeola urged Nollywood stars to open their hearts to the pains in the land, stating that it is no longer about the acquisition of wealth.
The actress said celebrities need to do the right thing because throwing caution to the wind is no longer needed.
According to Opeyemi Aiyeola, betraying Nigeria as a celebrity is highly insensitive, selfish, cruel and evil because they would still suffer the consequences.
She wrote: “Dear colleagues, Please open your hearts to the pain in the land. It's no longer about the acquisition of wealth. Nigeria bleeds, Nigerians are bleeding. We owe it to Nigeria to do the right thing. We can no longer throw caution to the wind.”
“Betraying Nigeria as a celebrity now is highly insensitive, selfish, cruel and evil. Remember if we allow the country fall WE ALL WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES and all the wealth we are insensitively clamouring for will burn before our eyes. What shall it profit a Nigerian celebrity to sell his/ her soul n dignity in exchange for wealth and Nigeria falls”
- “Go and collect your money back” – Netizens react as Toke Makinwa shows off her enhanced derriere (video)
- Rapper Cheque blasts organizers of ‘Headies Award Show’ after he didn’t get nominated in any category.
- “I hate him”, “I hate her” Co-parents stir massive reactions online with family photo
- Jealous man allegedly kills his ex-girlfriend for refusing to eject her new lover from her home
- Couple Goals! Actress Mercy Aigbe gives husband, Kazim Adeoti clean haircut (video)
- Davido allows babymama, Sophia Momodu to step out with his Bentley
- Osinachi Nwachukwu: Family Announce Funeral Arrangement, Hints On Returning Her Bride Price
- Portable tenders apology to Headies organizers after being reported to Police over threat to co-nominees (Video)
- Drama as Tonto Dikeh pens open letter to Bobrisky for backing Kemi Olunloyo
- Osas Ighodaro called out for allegedly sleeping with married colleague, Stan Nze
- “Behind every unsuccessful man, there are two women” – Annie Idibia throws jab after unfollowing 2face (Video)
- Kanayo Kanayo Celebrates 60th Birthday With All-White Party [Video]
- “I am one ‘hell’ of a woman”- Annie Idibia shares cryptic post, admits marital troubles with husband, 2face
- “Igbo girls are beautiful”-Fans react to Davido’s babymama, Chioma’s natural look as she hits gym in video
- Actress OnyiAlexx shares CCTV footage showing moment NDLEA officials invaded her house “without warrant” (video)
- “I am praying for you” – Davido reacts as Kizz Daniel shares cryptic post
- “It’s ‘Launch’, princess not ‘Lunch’” – Netizens drag James Brown over spelling error following his book launch
- “These moments before my departure …” – Panic as Monalisa Stephen pens disturbing note
- White Lady Gives Tips On How To Outsmart ‘Yahoo Boys” (Video)
- Obi Cubana shares the difference between the Nigeria he grew up in and the one we have now as he prays for the country